[Users] Problems with Claws on kubuntu

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Nov 11 09:12:54 CET 2019

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:40:10 -0800, M.R.P. wrote:

> Hello I have Claws installed on a pc running kubuntu. It is configured
> and when I run claws-mail --debug I get this. The files
> /home/zensky/.claws-mail does not exist on my system. What should I do?

In that case you would get different errors like "no such file or
directory" instead of "permission denied". Also, Claws Mail would start
with the setup window and create the needed directory automatically.
Give some more background about your user's home directory and how you
use kubuntu. Did you start from scratch or did you restore home directory
backup files with wrong permissions? Show the contents of your user's
directory.