[Users] authentification failed

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Mar 29 14:44:04 CET 2019

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 14:07:11 +0100
spir <denis.spir at gmail.com> wrote:

> I set it up with SSL and correctly set port 995 for POP3, but still get the
> error. I also tried setting APOP but just get another error. NO idea what
> more to try.

Please confirm:

Your version of Claws Mail.

In your account preferences...

On SSL/TLS page you have selected 'use SSL/TLS'

On Advanced page you have activated 'POP port' and set it to 995

Back on the SSL/TLS page you have tried unsetting 'Use non-blocking SSL/TLS'.

-----

Double-check, or re-enter, your user name and password.

If it still fails, go to /Tools/Network Log and paste the output of the
failure here.

with regards

Paul