[Users] emails in spam folders are not downloaded

Mark Wagner mark+claws at carnildo.com
Mon Mar 25 19:46:01 CET 2019

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 15:05:20 +0530
Cyaniventer <cyaniventer at riseup.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 10:19:28 +0100
> Colin Leroy-Mira <colin at colino.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> > On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 14:42:51 +0530, Cyaniventer
> > <cyaniventer at riseup.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I use POP to download emails and not IMAP.
> >
> > Oh, OK. There's no way for POP to download mails that are elsewhere
> > than the IMAP inbox on the server. Only thing you can do is
> > re-create your account using IMAP if you want to check the spam
> > folder from a mail user agent.
> >

> I see, I thought POP syncs every folder.

POP doesn't have the concept of "folder".  It's simply a way of
transferring email from a server to a client; it's the responsibility
of the server to make sure all the messages are available, and the
responsibility of the client to decide where to put them.  If the email
server is hiding messages in the "spam" folder, that's something that
needs to be changed on the server side.

--
Mark