[Users] New Windows Users: S/MIME

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Wed Jan 30 20:22:02 CET 2019

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 10:53:25 -0600
Luke Robison wrote:

> t looks like even very short messages take about 500ms to verify the
> signature (slower than decryption actually) but this seems to be a gpgsm
> issue, perhaps even a gpg4win-specific issue.

The delay could be due to gpgsm connecting (or trying to, at least) to
a server to check for certificate revocation lists, in order to
properly verify whether the signing certificate is still valid. Gpgsm
has a configuration option "disable-crl-checks" to disable that,
although I have no idea where to put it on Windows. Gpg4win
documentation and their mailing list might help there.

Regards,
--
Andrej