[Users] Address collection - where is the file?

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Tue Jan 29 12:46:15 CET 2019

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 07:12:52PM -0600, Brian wrote:
> I've been using Claws mail for many years.  I've always assumed that
> collected address were stored in my Personal Address book.  When I
> compose a message I often type the first name and hit <tab> to get the
> list of names available.  Well today I was sending to someone and
> hit <tab> and found there were six different addresses for the same
> person, some personal, some business, some hobby oriented.  I thought I
> should mark each for it's purpose so I don't send hobby information to
> his business email.  But when I open my Personal Address book and
> look for his name there is only ONE instance.  Where are all the other
> five collected addresses stored?

Addressbook allows more than one address per person. Edit contact
(double click is enough) and look into the "Email Addresses" tab.

> If I select "Add to address book" on an email for a received message in
> the Inbox the destination is "Personal Address" book.  Are the
> available addresses a compilation of the Personal Address book and
> addresses in personal folders?

IIRC the search is made globally, so, yes.

> I thought there use to be a "collect addresses" feature on/off but can't
> find that to set destination for collection. Can someone tell me where
> that feature is set or is a figment of my imagination that I'm seeing?

You're probably referring to the AddressKeeper plugin.

> I've RTFM already and can't find any hint to my questions.

You probably got tired of reading before reaching the plugins chapter ;)
https://www.claws-mail.org/manual/claws-mail-manual.html#ch_plugins

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones