[Users] How to set scroll offset setting for all the messages lists ?

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Wed Feb 20 10:11:28 CET 2019

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 21:02:10 +1300
flyingrhino <flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Claws 3.16.0 on linux mint 18.3 .
>
> Does anyone know how I can configure the scroll offset in the
> messages list?
> Basically when I get towards the top or bottom of the message list I
> want it to scroll in that direction while still showing n messages
> above or below the highlighted line.
>
> In VIM this is called:  set scrolloff=5
>
> Does claws have a similar feature ?

No, there is no such thing, at least not user-configurable.

The message list only has a simple "scroll a bit further if the row
after the newly selected one is not fully visible" functionality when
moving the cursor with arrow keys. See function
gtkut_ctree_node_move_if_on_the_edge() in src/gtk/gtkutils.c.

Regards,
--
Andrej Kacian