[Users] Advice on configuring the From: header

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Tue Feb 5 00:29:44 CET 2019

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019, at 10:05, Liz wrote:

> Lots of interesting ideas here.
> So the coded email address
> code at example.org.au
> can only receive mail. It goes to a forwarder which sends it to an
> email account in the normal sense.
>
> I'm not sure how I can send a mail with that address, because many
> places refuse mail where the email address and the sending mail server
> don't match.
> However, I will try and see what happens.

For some of my mail lists I'm subscribed twice, under two different
email addresses.

I send contributions from one email address but never get any ml
traffic sent to that address.

I receive copies of all ml messages to a different address, but never
reply to the list (or make new posts) from that address.

I think I first started doing that with Yahoo lists, when one joined
Yahoo with a  "Yahoo id", which had nothing to do with an email
address.  And one could associate several (four?) email addresses
with the Yahoo id.   Then, per mail list, it was possible (and maybe
still is) to say which address (of the four) one wanted a particular
list's traffic to be sent to.   Contributions to any/all lists could come
from any of the addresses that matched one's Yahoo id.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.