[Users] How use claws as NNTP reader ?

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Dec 7 09:54:09 CET 2019

On Sat, 7 Dec 2019 04:11:03 +0100
Paul dd via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> I'm new of claws-mail, I found this client very pretty and slim.
> Unfortunately I can't set claws	 client  as nntp reader.
>
> I found this link :
>
> https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2012-August/003216.html
>
> Where it is explained that it is necessary to install the plugin rssyl.
> I installed claws-mail from debian10 repository, and I don't found this
> plugin under configuration--->plugins.

The RSS plugin has nothing to do with NNTP at all.

You don't need a plugin for NNTP, but you do need Claws Mail to be built with
libetpan support.

Go to /Configuration/Edit Accounts, click the 'New' button to create a new
account. On the initial, Basic page, set the Protocal as 'News (NNTP)', fill
in the rest of the details as necessary.

This will create a new top-level folder in the folder list on the left,
called something like 'my.nntp.server (News)'. Right-click this folder and
choose 'Subscribe to newsgroup'. On the dialogue you see, click the 'Refresh'
button. Then select the newsgroups that you want to susbcribe to, and click
the 'OK' button.

with regards

Paul