[Users] Extremely slow connection to git.claws-mail.org

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Sat Sep 29 18:06:20 CEST 2018

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 16:24:31 +0200 Paul Rolland
(ポール・ロラン) wrote:

> The traceroutes we are interested in are the ones to
> some equipment close to you. It can be the external
> interface of your FW (even if it drop ICMP),

I don't see why. I have just got off the phone with my
ISP (again) - they are not restricting anything based
on port or protocol. Please consider also:

- The high speed results to online.net

- HTTP download from claws-mail.org is 30Kb/s

- The differences are in the final hops of the route,
  not on my end. I have not seen a traceroute from
  anyone who says here their speed is 2Mb/s but to my
  mind something may be happening in those final hops.

That said: you can traceroute gobul.net

> Office to home :
> [...]
> Home to office :
> [...]

Those are 2 cases in which you initiate the connection
from either end. The situation with git clone is:

A sends a request to B (route 1)
B responds to A (route 2)

Perhaps it is possible that route 1 is different from
route 2 but I have no idea how this can be checked
(and if it has any relation to the issue).

--
George