[Users] Extremely slow connection to git.claws-mail.org

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Sat Sep 29 12:01:53 CEST 2018

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 00:10:22 +0200 Paul Rolland
(ポール・ロラン) wrote:

> OK, so end of the path is GTT, then L3 (though I
> have to check that more carefully - only one hop in
> such a backbone is quite unusual), then Online

What are GTT and L3?

> Reverse traces (from claws-mal.org/srv.colino.net)
> would be interesting to see if the path is the same.
> The initial part is likely to be the same, and the
> difference is probably going to be in the part you
> hid...

It is not possible to traceroute from anywhere to me
because my firewall drops all input (including ICMP).

I am not a network expert. If I understand correctly
how it works: I connect to the git host, request
something, then it sends packets back to me. Are you
suggesting that the request and the response travel
different routes?

I suppose Colin has asked the service provider and
will share their reply when it comes.

--
George