[Users] Hiding never-used system folders

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 11:26:22 CEST 2018

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 20:45:14 -0500
Daniel Allcock <daniel at allcock.org> wrote:

> folders Inbox, Queue, Sent and Drafts take up 4 lines of precious
> sidebar space.  Trash I should keep around, because I might
> throw away some of this mail.
>
> Is there a way to hide these 4 folders?  I have tried deleting
> them, but claws recreates them.  And I've looked thru the prefs
> and googled but found naught.

They cannot be removed, but consider arranging them as the attached
image demonstrates.

To do this you will first need to create your new folders under
folder 'stash'. Then you will need to open the Folder Properties of
each in turn, setting each to it's correct 'Folder type' on the
General page. And when you have done this, you can remove the
automatically created folders.

These special folders have to be somewhere in the mailbox, but it
doesn't matter where.

Once you've created them under folder 'stash', you just collapse that
folder, and, hey presto, no precious sidebar space is lost.

with regards

Paul