[Users] Remove From Users Lists.

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Nov 16 10:17:59 CET 2018

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 19:49:41 +1100, Liz wrote:
>On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 16:08:58 -0500
>"Michael A. Yetto" <myetto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> >Please remove me from claws mail user list. I uninstalled the
>> >program and don't need to receive email from users list.
>>
>> Check the headers of any email you ever received from the list and
>> you will find the instructions you need.
>
>On another mailing list I saw a wonderful reply to a similar query from
>a psychologist
>
>It started
>"There are some things in life you have to do for yourself."

Most psychologist are incompetent, completely unable to help their
clients. This is a good example how a psychologist does miss reasons
for a "problem", since psychologists usually claim that "problems" don't
exist. Just calling a "problem" a "task" the client needs to do do is
idiotic.

Perhaps the OP already tried to unsubscribe by the address mentioned by
the footer or by following the header via the Claws menu

  Message > Mailing-List > Unsubscribe

before the OP removed Claws.

Did the OP  send a message with an empty body, but the subject

  unsubscribe

  users-request at lists.claws-mail.org

?

Does it require a confirmation and if so are confirmation request
emails moved to a providers spam folder?

If unsubscribing by an email shouldn't work, a temporarily workaround
could be to send a mail without a subject, but message body

  set authenticate THE_OP's_PASSWORD
  set delivery off

  users-request at lists.claws-mail.org

JFTR _not_ to

  users at lists.claws-mail.org

so the OP at least wouldn't receive emails anymore.

Perhaps the OP already did this, maybe not. Maybe the OP should have
sent a better phrased request to the mailing list. However, a
psychologist should know better, then just ridicule somebody.

Regards,
Ralf