[Users] Clawsker doesn't start (Can't locate Gtk3.pm in @INC...)

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Mon Nov 12 13:50:54 CET 2018

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 00:25:47 +0000 Dave Howorth wrote:

> It is claiming that you do not have
> gobject-introspection. Is that correct? You can
> check in YaST or use some zypper command or other
> and then install it if necessary with the same tool.
>
> FWIW, I do have gobject-introspection installed for
> whatever reason and Gtk3.pm installs cleanly.

OK. I have installed both (the first one seemed not
needed but anyway):

gobject-introspection-1.54.1-lp150.2.10.x86_64
perl-Glib-Object-Introspection-0.042-lp150.1.3.x86_64

Now cpanm complains that version is 0.042:

-> FAIL Installing the dependencies failed: Installed version (0.042) of Glib::Object::Introspection is not in range '0.043'

Here is the full build.log:

https://susepaste.org/3c640cfd

> But whilst I understand your paranoia, I can only
> repeat that you would not damage anything if you
> were to repeat the installation as root, whether it
> was successful or not. If you care to understand,
> you can examine the paths used by modules installed
> by the system as compared with those installed from
> CPAN, even as root.

Paranoia is a mental disorder with fear related to
delusions. It is not a delusion that modifying the
distro and making it depend on externals makes
everything difficult to maintain long term. So such
modifications and complications create disorder
themselves. So I hope you would understand that what I
am trying to do is to preserve order, rather than
"fix" it as root, keep track of what that did etc. :)

--
George