[Users] GPG - KeyRing with some uid's Choose the wanted uid

KJD claws_mail_list at zeithaben.de
Mon Nov 5 18:59:20 CET 2018

Am Sun, 4 Nov 2018 19:19:12 +0100
schrieb Andrej Kacian <ticho at claws-mail.org>:

> On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 18:29:00 +0100
> KJD wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> > sadly isn't it.
> >
> > gpg2 --list-keys shows as an example 5 email adresses for one user.
> > 1. fist at zeithaben.de
> > 2. second at zeithaben.de
> > 3. third .....
> >
> > In claws I only can choose the nr. 1 one the toplist and not the
> > second or third mail adress. I tested (all) settings in clwas
> > mail ...
>
> That command lists public keys only, and for signing, you need a
> secret key.
>
> Claws Mail should be able to find the correct secret key by e-mail
> address you use to send the message, or pick up the default key, if
> you have one configured in your gpg.conf. There are options to set
> that on /Plugins/GPG page of account preferences.
>
> Regards,

Hey,
if I use: gpg --list-secret-keys
sec   rsa2048 2014-04-02 [SC]
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX9E1FXXXXXXXXZZZ
uid           [ultimate] XXXXWW (TROLUG) <trolug_k at zeithaben.de>
uid           [ultimate] ZZZZ ZZZZZZ (privat)
<k.ccccc at zeithaben.de>
ssb   rsa2048 2014-04-02 [E]

Ever I want signing a Mail, it is only possibel to use the first
mailadress trolug_k at eithaben.de. It is not possible to create a
signing Mail with k.ccccc at zeithaben.

After gpg2 edit-key
deluid trolug_k at zeithaben.de it is possible to choose
k.cccc at zeithaben.de

In enigmail it is possible to choose the mail adress from one key.

Regards

Karl