[Users] Save attachment replacing spaces with X - alternate character requested

flyingrhino flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz
Sat May 12 10:49:40 CEST 2018

On Sat, 12 May 2018 07:16:23 +0200
wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> On Sat, 12 May 2018 10:58:02 +1200 flyingrhino <flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz> wrote:
>
> > When saving attachments, claws replaces spaces in the filename with 'X' .
> > Is there a config item somewhere that I can use '_' instead of 'X' ?
> > I can't seem to find it in clawsrc.
> >
> > I'm using claws 3.11.1 which is the latest on LM 17.3 repos.
>
> I'm afraid I can't reproduce this, at least not w/ a fresh Claws Mail
> version (but I doubt I would reproduce it w/ 3.11.x). It doesn't
> substitute spaces in filenames at all and I'm not aware of any
> substitution ever been done - but I may not be aware of special
> situations.
> Would you mind sharing (privately if needed) an email in order to
> reproduce?
>

> Regards,

Thanks for the response. It definitely happens but I don't have an attachment that misbehaves right now.
I'll forward the next instance of this bug privately to you if it contains anything sensitive.

Basically the attachment gets saves and any spaces in it are replaced with capital X.

--
Rhinos can fly,

It's just a case of mind over matter ...
... And you need a lot of mind to control that much matter ...