[Users] Configure problem after updating to Fedora 28

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat May 5 21:25:38 CEST 2018

On Thu, 3 May 2018 17:48:18 +0200
wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello Brian,
>

> On Thu, 3 May 2018 16:16:04 +0100 Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 3 May 2018 16:47:11 +0200
> > wwp wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >

> > > On Thu, 3 May 2018 15:31:29 +0100 Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
> > > wrote:
> > >
>  [...]
> > >
> > > The rawhide claws mail package spec file already does that, IIRC.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >

> > Well it sounds like you know about it and a fix will appear once a
> > suitable patch is available.
> >
> > Thanks, it's just a pity that it went past under my radar and I try to
> > pay attention to these things as much as I can.
>
> Try applying the attached crypt-nettle patch, it comes from F28's srpm.
> You might want other patches as well, check the attached .spec file.
>

> Regards,

OK, so I have been able to patch the git tree and then rerun autogen.sh
successfully, so it looks like these patches are good that far.

However, if I want to create an unpatched tarball using make dist and
then use the standard rpm spec file to build the packages (which is
what I normally do) then of course autogen.sh doesn't complete as
before.

I don't quite know what I need to do to sort this out, it's probably
some magic with autotools that I haven't worked out yet.

I have temporarily hacked the Fedora 28 spec file to user pre-patched
sources, I'm also in the process of building cairo and webkitgtk
packages so that I can use the fancy plugin.

Are we having fun yet?

--

Brian Morrison