[Users] SOLVED Re: URL not passed to Firefox

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Mar 30 16:55:30 CEST 2018

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 20:16:37 +0800, flongbox at gmail.com wrote:
>On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 10:19:22 +0200 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> part of PATH, but the desktop file might execute Firefox via the path
>> or by a different named launcher.
>
>That was it. I replaced the Claws-Mail desktop file and Firefox now
>opens from commandline Claws-Mail and launching from the shortcut.
>
>Thanks for your help.

You are welcome, but I'm confused. Should it read that you actually
replaced the Firefox desktop file and now Claws passes the URL through
to Firefox? Which also doesn't make much sense, I'm already confused
by

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 19:30:15 +0800, flongbox at gmail.com wrote:
>I think this was an update installed through the browser. It is
>installed in /usr/local/lib with a link in /usr/bin

/usr/bin by default is included to PATH for every distro, so if Claws
does run

  firefox '%s'

or similar, it should do the job.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ env | grep /usr/bin:
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/lib/icecat:/usr/lib/jvm/default/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl

However, it seemingly isn't a Claws issue, but seemingly (was) caused by
this third party install.