[Users] SOLVED Re: URL not passed to Firefox

flongbox at gmail.com flongbox at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:16:37 CEST 2018

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 10:19:22 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> Because you mentioned QupZilla, an outdated browser, since QupZilla
> was renamed to Falkon, but at the same time you mention the latest
> release of Firefox I'm curious

Mageia only have Falkon on the Cauldron (testing) version, not in the
regular repo, which has Qupzilla. The latest Firefox was probably
through a separate download from an update notice in the browser.

> part of PATH, but the desktop file might execute Firefox via the path
> or by a different named launcher.

That was it. I replaced the Claws-Mail desktop file and Firefox now
opens from commandline Claws-Mail and launching from the shortcut.

Thanks for your help.

--
G Rudra