[Users] Importing feed list

Denis den_ml at posteo.de
Sun Mar 25 15:41:55 CEST 2018

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 14:19:00 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 16:00:27 +0300
> Denis <den_ml at posteo.de> wrote:
>
> > I am subscribed to a lot of feeds via Bamboo reader, so I don't
> > want to add them one by one to Claws Mail. And RSSyl plugin does
> > have an option "Import feed list...", but when I choose it, I can't
> > pick the file with feeds exported from Bamboo reader. Does RSSyl
> > require that the file be not in OPML but in some other format? Does
> > anyone know how one is supposed to import a list of feeds into
> > Claws with RSSyl?
>
> When you click 'import feed list...' the resultant dialogue's title
> is "Select an OPML file".
>
> You say you can't pick the file, but what is stopping you from picking
> the file?
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

It is not displayed in the file picker.

Wait, I didn't think to check it, but turns out Bamboo reader appends "xml" suffix to the file to which it exports the feeds! I should have thought about it, just didn't expect that the file suffix would matter, especially since OPML is a subset of XML anyway.

I changed the suffix to opml, the file became visible in the file picker, and the feeds are being imported as I write this message :) Thanks, you made me think! :)

--
Respectfully,
Denis Shadrin