[Users] Status of claws-contacts and new address book?

Páder Rezső rezso at rezso.net
Thu Mar 15 15:58:58 CET 2018

Thu, 15 Mar 2018 14:31:53 +0000 -n
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> írta:

>Would one of the devs care to comment on where this is currently? I
>have never built the claws-contact dbus service and enabled it, so is
>there any benefit to that?
>
>If I add --enable-new-addrbook to the CM build process, is this still
>valid and still useful?
>
>Sorry to appear less than clued up, I lost track of this some time ago
>and never got round to asking about it before.

I used it before reinstalling my system, with empty home directory.

If you have a compiled claws-contacts, you can use the
--enable-new-addrbook option, and the new addressbook will work.
If you have any existing address book in CM
(under ~/.claws-mail/addrbook), claws-contacts uses it.
But if not exists any address book, claws-contacts doesn't makes any
new address book, and if you try to made a new one, it
creates under ~ by default, instead of ~/.contacts/<plugin>.

--
R.