[Users] Message going to both accounts.

Richard lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net
Mon Mar 12 14:33:06 CET 2018

> Date: Monday, March 12, 2018 13:19:15 +0000
> From: claws.paws at mailmight.com
>
> I have two accounts set up and one (of course) is the default.
> Addresses are not alike apart from the providers details after '@'.
> Issue: The second account keeps receiving messages addressed to the
> first. This is not with every message just some. The reverse does
> not happen. I have redone both accounts and checked with the
> provider but the issue remains. This has only happened since the
> last upgrade.

An IMAP client will only have access to the mailbox(s)/messages that
the IMAP server gives it access to, based on the credentials
presented by the client. Upgrading/changing the client won't change
the messages the client gets.

You can look at the full message headers to see how the messages are
addressed and delivered, looking for things like aliasing.
Specifically compare the addressing in the headers of messages that
get delivered to both accounts with those that get delivered to only
one mailbox.