[Users] I keep receiving my own posts for bug reports

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Sun Mar 11 12:31:35 CET 2018

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 10:38:07 +0000 Paul wrote:

> You are not comparing like for like.

I agree they are different in scale and amount of communication but
just because a system is smaller doesn't mean it should be inefficient.

> > IMO it should be the job of the machines to filter data and deliver
> > securely to us only what we have requested, not the other way
> > around.
>
> That's what is happening here.

Not really. Here I receive my own bug reports and updates for them
through the:

1. bugzilla system
2. user mailing list

I need neither of those and as far as I understand the only control I
have is to unsubscribe entirely from one or the other (or both). So it
is pretty much an all or nothing approach without option for fine
grained control on what one receives.

> If you don't want to see the bug items then filter them.

While that may be possible as a final brute-force measure, it
contradicts RFC 1855 which was recommended in another thread, in
particular: the principle of sending just the necessary info and not
exposing the receiver to a scenario in which he needs to pay with his
time and bandwidth struggling to get only the info he needs.

--
George