[Users] I keep receiving my own posts for bug reports

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Sun Mar 11 00:11:56 CET 2018

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 20:35:57 +0100
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On 08 March 2018 at 19h49, Liz wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > > I hope they will do that. It is spammy to receive duplicate or
> > > unneeded info for whatever purpose.
> > > ____________________________________
> >
> > There would be broad agreement here with that statement.
>
> Would there? I think the last time the subject was brought there, most
> people were OK with that.

As a person who's happy to see all the bug reports in my mail, I think
it makes better sense to separate these from the users' list. Probably
best would be an RSS feed (some ticketing systems, e.g. Trac, have this
feature), but a separate mailing-list for bug reports (like the one
which already exists for commits) would work just fine and would
probably not be hard to set up.

My 2 cents,
	Shai.