[Users] See the 'FILES' section of `man claws-mail` for brief descriptions of the files.

Michael A. Yetto myetto1 at nycap.rr.com
Fri Mar 9 02:44:49 CET 2018

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 00:55:24 +0200
Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> writes, and having writ moves on:

>Thank you guys. Surely I am not ready to spend thousands of dollars for
>anything like that. I don't feel it is an utterly complicated question
>and surely a developer who knows how the program works and how its
>files are organized should be able to answer instantly, without
>testing any complicated scenarios etc. E.g. what are the "cache" and
>"tmp" files/dirs used for, if they need to be backed up etc.
>
>I understand there is a concern about the way I ask questions:
>
>>  but ask them in the message body and not in the subject, yes? :)
>
>Can you please explain what would be the proper form to ask this
>current question?
>
>I think the subject is the proper place to put the question shortly
>because it is the first thing which one sees and based on that one
>can decide whether to read the body or not. Then the body can contain
>details. In some cases I put in the body just "subject" to avoid
>repetition. It is more time efficient, wouldn't you agree? Or would you
>insist that I repeat the subject in the body too?

The Subject: is just for an eye-catcher or headline if you prefer. The
body of the message should be complete. That is, it should not depend
on a changeable Subject:, it should have enough information to explain
the problem without being to long to read, it should define what was
expected of the program, and it should enumerate all that occurred
instead.

Any message that consists in its entirety of the word "Subject" is very
likely to be ignored, possibly even by someone who is familiar with the
problem and a solution.

Mike Yetto
--
"Human memory is a marvelous but fallacious instrument. The memories
which lie within us are not carved in stone; not only do they tend to