[Users] Address problem

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Mar 6 13:15:40 CET 2018

Hello Bob,

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 06:51:07 -0500 Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at fastmail.us> wrote:

> On 03/06/18 06:34, wwp wrote:
> > What's obviously wrong to me, is that the <R> address, whatever it's
> > really <R> you were sending to or if you replaced the real address with
> > <R> in order to preserve anonymity, is*not*  a correct email address.
> > Could you show us the address? Eventually replace few a-z characters by
> > other a-z ones to make it anonymous?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > -- wwp
>
> Well I considered that but couldn't see why it is happening.
>
> The address book contains:  Rusty rleee at verizon.net
>
> So I enter 'r' or 'ru' and press 'Tab' and send. The error message results. I haven't been able to find where that 'R' comes from?

Oh, I see. The address can be either:
rleee at verizon.net
or
Rusty <rleee at verizon.net>
or
"Rusty James" <rleee at verizon.net>

What I recommend is that in your address book, when editing your
contacts, the "Email Address" field only contain the email address
(rleee at verizon.net), not the name (Rusty). "Rusty" must go in the
Display Name, First Name, Last Name or nickname field.

Claws Mail will put both display name (if set) and address in the To:
field of the compose window, at the end, using this form:
"display name" <address>

Regards,

--
wwp