[Users] Address problem

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Mar 6 12:34:03 CET 2018

Hello Bob,

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 06:08:08 -0500 Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at fastmail.us> wrote:

> I can't send  from my new claws-mail. I used the addresses from received messages in my address book but when used I get a send error message:
>
> [05:54:45] ESMTP< 235 2.0.0 OK
> [05:54:45] ESMTP> MAIL FROM:<bobgoodwin at fastmail.us> SIZE=520
> [05:54:46] SMTP< 250 2.1.0 Ok
> [05:54:46] SMTP> RCPT TO:<R>
> [05:54:46] SMTP< 504 5.5.2 <R>: Recipient address rejected: need fully-qualified address
> ** error occurred on SMTP session
> *** Error occurred while sending the message:
> 504 5.5.2 <R>: Recipient address rejected: need fully-qualified address
>
> What is wrong here? Is this complaining about dns? If so, dns is provided by my ISP Viasat and usually works properly.

What's obviously wrong to me, is that the <R> address, whatever it's
really <R> you were sending to or if you replaced the real address with
<R> in order to preserve anonymity, is *not* a correct email address.
Could you show us the address? Eventually replace few a-z characters by
other a-z ones to make it anonymous?

Regards,

--
wwp