[Users] claws on an nvme

ralph suselist at cableone.net
Tue Jun 19 21:09:30 CEST 2018

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:55:56 +0200
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

> Secure deletion is done using shred, as you can read on the tooltip
> which appears when you leave the mouse over the checkbox, so I think
> you should ask the shred authors if there's some special mode for
> solid state media.

Ah, thank you, I did not see the tooltip.  I believe the answer on
shred with nvme is 'no, just no', but I will check with the project.
In the meanwhile, I've turned 'secure deletion' in claws-on-nvme off,
glad I asked :-/

So, is there a way to move/configure just the the 'Trash' folder to an
alternate location on a spinning drive where it's safe to run shred?

Thanks again.

Ralph