[Users] claws freezing

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Jul 19 13:53:38 CEST 2018

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:45:21 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:49:00 +0300, Removed GDPR wrote:
>>On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:55:31 +0100 Dave Howorth wrote:
>>> I recently upgraded to openSUSE Leap 15.0, which
>>> uses claws-mail 3.16.0.
>>
>>Have you tried uninstalling openSUSE's binaries and
>>compiling from source? Personally that's exactly what
>>I did on my Leap 42.3 and the git version definitely
>>has less issues.
>
>This happens for me on Arch Linux way to often, too. I don't remember
>when the issue started, at the moment it still happens for version
>3.16.0git213. Since I don't have time for troubleshooting this
>particular issue, it makes no sense if I report this bug, instead I
>tend to use Evolution more often. Apart from freezing, Claws way to
>often tend to crash when writing emails.

PS:

I'm using Claws on Ubuntu 16.04.x LTS less often, than on Arch,
however, the same versions, including my current installed version
3.16.0git213 doesn't freez or crash when using Ubuntu. What ever the
reason for the new issue(s) should be, it could be related to
dependencies. Ubuntu's LTS stays with the versions of the dependencies,
while Arch Linux follows upstream. On Ubuntu there was no enchant
issue, on Arch there was the enchant issue, something else could be
fishy too.