[Users] Creating threads manually

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Wed Jul 18 19:47:39 CEST 2018

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 12:24:36 +0200 H.Merijn Brand
wrote:

> Does the child file (even after the changes) contain
> private information, or are you willing to share it
> with me?

Unfortunately those exact files contain info which I
can't share. I have been fighting for quite a long
time to edit them in a way which removes that info
from body and headers but I could not find a way to do
it without introducing new issues.

> The Message-Id in the child file is not required for
> the process to work. Even without it, it will add
> the required tags to the child message-file.

The case is that the parent message has no Message-Id.
That seems to affect all next messages putting them
into "vertical" structure (impossible to make them
look "nested/parented" - whatever the right term is).

> That is part of how CM works. Maybe one of the core
> devs can answer this question.

That would be great.

> Attached

Thanks.

> Note that this script only removes all In-Reply-To:
> and References: tags from the header.

It doesn't work. After running it on a bunch of
messages I see those headers remain. I tested removing
the headers using sed in bash:

sed -i 's/^In-Reply-To:.*//ig' *
sed -i 's/^References:.*//ig' *

which restores the flat structure but creates too
many new lines. I couldn't find a way to capture the
trailing '\n' in the regex pattern.

--
George