[Users] Creating threads manually

H.Merijn Brand h.m.brand at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 18 09:04:16 CEST 2018

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 01:08:52 +0300, Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 00:42:49 +0300 Removed GDPR wrote:
>
> > How can I suppress the dialog box which appears after
> > each execution of the action?
>
> I found I can add "> /tmp/output.txt"
>
> However sometimes I am still getting the dialog box
> which ends with a line:
>
> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or
> string at /home/xxx/bin/cm-reparent.pl line 103.

That can be a problem, as in that case one of the important variables
is not defined. You've got an older perl than I do. Newer perl would
have told *which* variable was undefined in that error message.

    say "$f->{msg_id} => $pid";

Here, $pid is the Message-Id of the parent. If that is undefined,
continuing is useless and something went wrong in an earlier stage.

Same for $f->{msg_id}, which is the Message-Id of the file to be
changed. Not as harmful as $pid, but still worrisome.

> Any idea how to fix that?

Not unless I can get the full files.

Somehow «my ($mid) = $hdr =~ m{^Message-Id: (.*)}mi;» did not match.
Can it be that you are re-parenting messages the do not (yet) have a
Message-Id?

I have attached a safer version that skips files/messages with no
Message-Id and refuses to work if the parent file has no Message-Id

> --
> George

using perl5.00307 .. 5.27   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE