[Users] Totals of collapsed folders

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Sat Jul 14 10:47:54 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 08:12:42 +0200
Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> When a folder has subfolders, and one of the subfolders has (new)
> messages, it looks like this:
>
>    Folder            0  0
>      SubFolder0      2  1    [in bold]
>      SubFolder1      1  1    [in bold]
>
> However, when collapsed, it looks like:
>
>    Folder            0  0    [in bold]

This may not be a solution for you, but it is for me: In preferences,
under Display/Summaries, the first pane "Folder List", there's a
selection for "display message count next to folder name" -- the default
is "no". I select "add both total and unread" (or however it's exactly
worded), and remove the "total" and "unread" columns from the display.
Then, with your folders, it would look like

	Folder
	  Subfolder0 (1/2)	[in bold]
	  Subfolder1 (1/1)	[in bold]

and when collapsed

	Folder (+)		[in bold]

or, if Folder actually has messages in it,

	Folder (34/67+)	[in bold]

My version is 3.16.0git163, I believe it works this way at least since
3.16.0.

HTH,
	Shai.