[Users] Selective notifications using Notifications plugin

Avinash Sonawane rootkea at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 14:35:34 CEST 2018

Hello!

I'm using Claws Mail 3.14.1 with Notification plugin.

I'm a huge fan of Notification plugin as it removes the need to check
client repetitively. But if the client starts to send the notification
for each and every message then for a high volume email account,
Notification plugin becomes a nuisance. So I would like to receive
notifications only if the email is from some pre-defined email IDs.

Currently, I think this can be achieved in 2 ways:
1. filter emails from desired email IDs in a separate folder (e.g.
"Critical") and then use "Only include selected folders" from
Notification plugin's settings
2. Use external script (with whiptail) in
Preferences/Plugins/Notification/Command

So I would like to know if I'm missing any obvious way to achieve the
same.

Regards,
Avinash Sonawane (rootKea)
PICT, Pune