[Users] Date column misinterprets the date format

wwp subscript at free.fr
Sun Jan 21 10:59:08 CET 2018

Hello Denis,

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:48:16 +0300 Denis <den_ml at posteo.de> wrote:

> Hi, everyone!
>
> In Preferences -> Display -> Summaries there is an option "Date format" where you can set how the date will be formatted in the column "Date". I have it set to "%x(%a) %H:%M" (that is default, I think).
>
> %x means locale's date representation. My locale default is yyyy-mm-dd, it can be seen when you type a command "date +%x" in console, the result is (for today) "2018-01-21".
>
> But Claws Mail displays the "Date" column in "mm/dd/yyyy" format.
>
> Now, I know that I can just change the option "%x" to "%F", but since "%x" is supposed to show the locale's date representation, I thought I should report it as a bug.
>
> So before reporting it, I want to check out that I didn't miss anything.

One explanation I'd see is that the locales are different in Claws Mail
and "elsewhere". What do you compare Claws Mail to? Locale in a
terminal? In other application launched the same was you launch Claws
Mail (i.e. from the desktop menu)? Having different locales (in
terminal vs desktop/"start menu" links) could be due to custom user
locale being set in ~/.bashrc or .profile, vs defaults set in /etc/.

Regards,

--
wwp