[Users] Surprising actions behavior

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Wed Jan 17 22:39:18 CET 2018

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 19:31:35 +0200
Shai Berger <shai at platonix.com> wrote:

> > > 4) The last, and still annoying issue: When a filter-action in a
> > > user-action moves a message out of the folder, selection goes to
> > > the first unread message in the folder rather than to the next or
> > > or next_on_delete configurations.
> >
> > First point is that you're already in the folder, you are not
> > entering the folder. It's also not a Delete (/Message/Delete) or
> > Move (/Message/Move), which is what the next_on_delete applies to.
> > That doesn't make it less annoying, I agree. :)
> >

> I think that "Move in an action is not /Message/Move" is pretty much
> what I'm complaining about.

Well, I found another case, unrelated to Move: In a folder with some
unread messages, use the quick-search; put in something which does not
match the currently-selected message, but does match an unread message.
The first matching unread message is selected.

So now I'm guessing that this is the behavior whenever the selected
message suddenly becomes unavailable to display. I submit that, in this
case, the behavior should either follow a generalized version of
next_on_delete (selecting not the next/previous message generally, but
the next/previous message available to display), or behave as if
entering the folder (with no previously-selected message).

This is mostly a problem when combined with "mark message as read when
selected". I like "mark message as read when selected".

Thanks,
	Shai.