[Users] Surprising actions behavior

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 11:14:30 CET 2018

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 10:12:01 +0200
Shai Berger <shai at platonix.com> wrote:

> 1) Logging of actions is a feature I would like to add. I got no
> response on that. Is there a reason not to add action reports to the
> filtering log?

The first reason that comes to mind is that running Actions is not
filtering, so for the same reason it doesn't get added to the network
log, it doesn't get added to the filtering log either.

> 2) A very minor, aesthetic issue (redundant "stop" operation
> available in filter-actions used in user-actions)

It's not redundant, it has its uses, albeit limited.

> 4) The last, and still annoying issue: When a filter-action in a
> user-action moves a message out of the folder, selection goes to the
> first unread message in the folder rather than to the next or
> next_on_delete configurations.

First point is that you're already in the folder, you are not
entering the folder. It's also not a Delete (/Message/Delete) or
Move (/Message/Move), which is what the next_on_delete applies to.
That doesn't make it less annoying, I agree. :)

with regards

Paul