[Users] to translate or to not translate ? ("OpenPGP digital signature")

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Sun Jan 7 14:57:26 CET 2018

În data de Sun, 7 Jan 2018 13:13:24 +0000, Paul a scris:

> > #: src/plugins/pgpmime/pgpmime.c:598
> > msgid "OpenPGP digital signature"
> >
> > Is this ok to be translated ?
>
> This is really a question for the translators' mailing list rather
> than this one.

Not quite (I think), as this is rather about the principle and not
about the translation itself. This string belongs to the "technical"
part of a message, that's why I have a dilemma.

> A quick look at the work of other translators shows that they have
> chosen to translate this.

I doubt they were aware where this string comes from. I only
accidentally found out after seeing the bug I have just filled and only
by looking at a source of a signed message.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secărică.ro