[Users] Message deletion working backwards from what I expect

Charles A Edwards cae at eslrahc.com
Fri Feb 2 22:37:35 CET 2018

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 13:04:07 -0800
Dan Lyke wrote:

> If I'm sorted by date ascending as I go down, delete a message and the
> highlighted bar goes to the message before the one I deleted, not
> staying in the same place and highlighting the one after.
>
> If I'm sorted the other way, delete goes to the one after.
>
> This is annoying 'cause I want to start at the oldest new message and
> delete as I read them, instead this new control behavior means I have
> to start at the newest new message.
>
> Is there some config option I screwed up?

You can set|change the behavior in the "Hidden preferences"

The change can done by gui using clawsker Or by manually editing
~/.claws-mail/clawsrc
Change "next_on_delete=0" to "next_on_delete=1"

With either method close claws before making the change.

    Charles

--
You will meet an important person who will help you advance
professionally. ----------------------