[Users] Address Book Query

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Mon Dec 31 18:03:43 CET 2018

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 11:52:58 -0500
"D. A. Nordquest" <nordquest at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm new to claws-mail and I like the clean layout. However, I can't
> find any simple way to add single addresses to the address book.

In the message body display, the addresses show up in the small list of
headers. Right clicking an address there opens a menu with an option to
add to address-book.

> Nor do I see how to make the program automatically add the addresses on
> sent (or received) messages to the address book.

I think there's a plugin which does that (address keeper?). Plugins are
not on by default, you need to load them (via Configuation->Plugins).

> Also, is there any place ready-to-use plugins are available so that
> the program does not have to be recompiled to use them?

How did you install Claws? If you built it from source, then the
plugins are normally built and installed with it (in
$PREFIX/lib/claws-mail/plugins).

HTH,
	Shai.