[Users] IMAP and CM

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Mon Dec 24 13:11:27 CET 2018

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 12:56:04 +0100
Slavko <linux at slavino.sk> wrote:

> 1. incoming emails are not checked by bogofilter, or at least no
> X-Bogosity header is added into them (configured in bogofilter plugin
> to add it). What i need to to get it?
>
> 2. new emails are noticed by the notification plugin, but i have set
> the "run command" when a new mail arrive (to use TTS), and this
> command is not run (yes it worked, until aj switch to IMAP). Have i do
> something extra to get this work with IMAP?

This could be caused by dovecot and/or exim4 running chroot.

> 3. i see persistent connection to IMAP server and NOOP command every
> 60 sec. I have enabled dovecot's push_notification plugin
> (https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/PushNotification) but i not see
> anything on NOOP response, when new mail is delivered by the dovecot's
> LMTP. It is not working in CM or i have something wrong?
>
> 4. beside the NOOP command, the server is pulled at global interval.
> Is polling really needed? Can i choose if to do polling or to use
> NOOP?

Claws does neither supports IMAP-IDLE (RFC 2177) nor IMAP-NOTIFY (RFC
5465) so polling is your only option.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Kids always brighten up a house; mostly by leaving the lights on.