[Users] Claws Mail 3.17.2 unleashed!!!
claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 09:17:29 CET 2018
14th December 2018 Claws Mail 3.17.2
CLAWS MAIL RELEASE NOTES
Claws Mail is a GTK+ based, user-friendly, lightweight, and fast
New in this release:
* Message List: A context menu has been added to the column headers,
it has two entries: a new option, 'Lock column headers', and 'Set
* Folder List: A context menu has been added to the column headers,
containing 'Set displayed columns'.
* Preferences: The Display/Summaries option page has been split into
three notebook pages: Folder List, Message List, and Defaults.
The Message List page contains the new 'Lock column headers'
option. The Defaults page contains several new options for new
* New Folder Properties: It is now possible to control signing and
encrypting options on the Compose page. By default it follows the
Account preferences, but they can be overridden to always sign
and/or encrypt, or never sign/encrypt.
* Saving sent messages: The global preference, 'Save sent messages',
can now be overriden by the Folder Property and Account
preferences. The global preference no longer needs to be activated
for the Account Preference, 'Put sent messages in ...' option to
function. Likewise, the Folder Property, 'Save copy of outgoing
messages to this folder instead of Sent', no longer relies on the
global preference being set.
* SSL/TLS certificates: The SHA-256 fingerprint is now displayed, and
the MD5 fingerprint has been removed.
* SSL/TLS certificates list: Status and Expiry columns have been
added, and expired and invalid certificates are now clearly
* QuickSearch: body searches are now quicker.
* QuickSearch: symbols used in Extended searches are now expanded
in the 'Edit' dialogue.
* Re-editing: Flags and tags are now preserved when re-editing a
* Fancy plugin: The minimum required webkitgtk version is now 1.10.0.
* PDF Viewer plugin: Ctrl+scroll now zooms.
* Tools: added cm-break.pl script, which breaks thread references for
the selected messages; textviewer.pl has been updated and now
requires perl 5.14.1.
* The legacy "sylpheed-claws" symlink is no longer installed in the
* New translation: Portuguese.
* Updated translations: Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Czech, Danish,
Dutch, French, German, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
* bug fixes:
o bug 3418, 'Building on a Cross Compiling toolchain doesn't
o bug 3889, 'Address and quoted message inconsistent in
o bug 4114, 'autogen.sh: Fix argument quoting'
o bug 4115, 'autogen: avoid unwarranted re-configure'
o bug 4120, 'New cert files are created in $HOME instead of
o byg 4121, 'Moving a subfolder in another folder erases its
processing rules' (sic)
o bug 4132, '"Mark all as (un)read" dialog appears when
acting on 1 message only'
o bug 4133, 'trying to read message from an NNTP group (with
all expired articles.'
o regression where mail was not being checked at startup when
it should have been
o links not being opened in browser when Fancy menu is opened
with a keyboard
o show correct address:port in SOCKS5 proxy connection failure
o prevent unexpected loss of drafted message
o Quicksearch eating keypresses it didn't handle
o build on Debian 7
o build on FreeBSD, sys/wait.h is needed for WEXITSTATUS
o Reply from mainwindow menu and toolbar when mainwindow's
messageview is hidden
o CID 1438531 Fix wrong test leading to dead code
o CID 1439871 and validate Unicode char strictly
o CID 1439996 and remove unnecessary comparison
o Fancy: left-click on links not opening in browser
o RSSyl: lost processing rules when renaming folder
o annoyance where your current reading is disturbed when a
new msg is filtered into the current folder
o don't leave the user in limbo when privacy system is 'none'
and auto signing/encrypting is set
o several memory leaks
For further details of the numbered bugs and RFEs listed above
see https://www.claws-mail.org/bug/[BUG NUMBER]
See ChangeLog for full information regarding changes in this release.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Users