[Users] Some questions from new/old claws user

John Long codeblue at inbox.lv
Mon Dec 10 20:46:03 CET 2018

Hi Paul and Brian,

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:40:41 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:22:57 -0000
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:14:45 +0000
> > John Long <codeblue at inbox.lv> wrote:
> >
> > > Did you find the cause?
> >
> > The cause is external to claws-mail, unless you are using filtering
> > or processing to add tags you have configured, or are manually
> > adding tags to messages.

I am not filtering (have filtering unchecked on all accounts) and of
course am not adding tags intentionally.

Can you see the problem in the raw message text?

> I did some Googling and there are references to $an as something to do
> with proxy authorization, it shows up as related to openSIPS.
>
> Might be worth looking at this further?
>
> Ralf Mardorf was asking about this on the Claws users list in late
> 2016, maybe he can help answer why this is appearing.

Thank you, did you find something in the headers? I searched for "tag"
and I didn't see anything in my text editor. I realize something else
may be triggering it and I am unable to find it.

Any pointers to the actual source of the issue in the raw message would
be helpful.

Thanks

/jl