[Users] Some questions from new/old claws user

John Long codeblue at inbox.lv
Tue Dec 4 21:03:01 CET 2018

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 15:47:05 -0400
Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 19:14:06 +0000
> John Long <codeblue at inbox.lv> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >This seems to be per message, correct?
> >
> >For your message, it shows
> >
> >$an
> >$ay
> >$has cal
> >$encrypted
> >
> >and it allows me to delete those from a specific message or add new
> >tags to it.
> >
> >I may have not typed those exactly correct, I can't see the popup and
> >reply at the same time.
>
> I suspect you may have an amuck filter or folder processing action
> with "set_tag" in it that isn't working correctly. Quick and dirty is
> to try searching "~/.claws-mail/matcherrc" file for "set_tag". Be
> very careful it you try editing that file directly. I don't recommend
> it. If you find some entries for that term in there make sure they do
> what you want via the normal configuration tools.

All I've got in there is

[preglobal]

[postglobal]

[filtering]

And I have filtering unchecked on every email account. This is a
brand-new setup with only a few plugins, not including any filtering or
spam goodies.

> Otherwise Paul's answer is probably correct, they're being added
> en-route somehow...

I can't find a common denominator except for the distro I'n running!
About a dozen email accounts on as many providers and all messages I've
checked appear the same way!

Thank you,

/jl