[Users] Replies appear as unread in ignored thread

Removed after GDPR request removed-gdpr at example.com
Sun Dec 2 11:41:23 CET 2018

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 00:00:27 +0000 Brian Morrison wrote:

> Are you seeing this happen in only this folder?

Yes.

> Could there be something unusual about the headers
> for messages in the list?

Like what?

> I don't know how the thread ignore function works,
> but it clearly has to re-assess the state of the
> messages as the folder is opened after a thread has
> a new message added to it.

I have noticed that ignore thread works without having
to open a folder. So my understanding is that it does
not evaluate upon opening a particular one. But just
like you I don't know the inner workings of it.

> looking for something different in the headers.

For the messages from the last screenshot:

Message #1 (marked as "ignore thread"):

Message #2 (reply to #1, not marked as "ignore
thread"):