[Users] Filtering messages from non-Inbox IMAP folders

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Wed Aug 22 18:01:35 CEST 2018

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 15:39:39 -0000
Paul wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:20:53 +0300
> Removed GDPR <removed-gdpr at example.com> wrote:
>
> > How can I tell CM to filter messages on all IMAP
> > folders? Currently it seems to run filter rules only
> > on Inbox.
>
> You can't. As they are not in the Inbox, then they have already been
> filtered. Your options are running filter rules manually on those
> folders, or using folder processing rules (which can be run
> automatically on entering a folder).

With IMAP, you are supposed to be using server-based filtering with
e.g. Sieve or procmail, or whatever the delivery agent responsible for
placing incoming messages to your IMAP mailbox understands.

That way, you are not depending on any single client instance and its
filtering configuration.

Regards,
--
Andrej