[Users] dead area in folder list

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Thu Apr 26 08:42:47 CEST 2018

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 08:27:02 +0200
wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello Olaf,
>

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:27:44 +0200 Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> wrote:
>
> > In the folder list, each folder has an icon left to its name. On the left beside that icon there is an area which allows to change the icon from closed to open, and back. But that area does not actually select and highlight the folder. Every other area does select that folder. Anyone else seeing this behavior?
>
> Ah, now I see what you mean, it's the way the widget works and I'm glad
> it works that way!

Hm, am I the only one who thinks it's stupid that clicking a small area
in the middle that does not look any different from the rest of the
folder "line" does not open the folder, but instead pointlessly toggles
the folder icon between "open" and "closed"?

It's counter-intuitive, and no better than the weird Microsoft
interfaces where you're never sure what is an active widget and what is
just a passive informative label or icon, because there are no bevels
or borders.

Regards,
--
Andrej