[Users] Using templates

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Tue Apr 24 13:49:01 CEST 2018

Claws Mail 3.16.0 on Fedora 27.

I want to send out a couple of near-identical mail messages consisting of a
(personalized) introduction and an attachment. A good occasion to
play a bit with claws' templates.

I defined a template MyTemplate and started using it.

The first thing that I noticed is that using a template requires far too
much user action.

 - Compose email message
 - Tools > Template > MyTemplate
 - Replace or insert (WHY?? The message is empty)

I looked for a "Compose mail from template" function but could not find
anything suitable.

Then I noticed that the attachment doesn't show. In the template I have

    |attach{/home/me/Documents/Invitation.pdf}

(which does exist and is readable) but the document is not attached. No
messages on the console or in the logs.
Using "file" instead of "attach" inserts the PDF into the mail message,
which is, of course, not appropriate.

It makes me feel I'm doing something wrong... But what?