[Users] Advance to next message when Trash is clicked

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 18:42:18 CEST 2018

Hey there,

Cristian Secară wrote:
> În data de Sat, 14 Apr 2018 06:54:10 -0400, Little Girl a scris:
>
> > In my older version (I don't have the version
> > number available), I was able to click the Trash button in the
> > toolbar while a message was selected in the message list. The
> > message would be marked as trash and the next available message
> > would be selected automatically, with locked messages being
> > skipped.
>
> Cannot tell about locked messages, but in 3.16.0 (Windows), when
> clicking on the trash icon, the current message is marked as
> deleted and then the cursor (horizontal highlight) goes to the next
> message (down, in my case). The marked message(s) gets deleted only
> when clicking the execute icon.

Interesting. Where is the execute icon?

> Thus, on my setup, this sounds like your old/desired behaviour.

Yes. That definitely sounds more like what I'm used to and what I'm
after.

> Could be some trouble with the particular 3.13.2 version ?

Maybe. I may have to use the PPA to grab a more recent version since
Ubuntu MATE LTS considers this one to be up-to-date.

> Could be it has something to do with the folder sort order ?

I doubt it. That hasn't changed and there's nothing unusual in my
set-up. I've got the default folders and one additional parent folder
with about 230 child folders, none of which have child folders in
them. All messages are in the default or child folders, and none are
stored directly in the parent folder.

Until you chimed in, it had occurred to me that Linux Mint (my
previous operating system) may have intervened in some way and
enhanced the Claws Mail features, but now it's looking more like a
version issue, which means the PPA might solve this completely.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.