[Users] Advance to next message when Trash is clicked

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 18:24:55 CEST 2018

Hey there,

Andrej Kacian wrote:
> Little Girl wrote:
> > Andrej Kacian wrote:
> > >
> > > Try enabling the "Execute immediately when moving or deleting
> > > messages" checkbox in preferences on Summaries page.
> >
> > Thanks. It's not quite what I was after, but it's better than how
> > it's been recently, so I'll use it.
>
> May I ask what detail exactly are you missing from the previous
> versions here?

Sure. In the previous version, it would mark the message with a flag
and advance to the next message. Then, when I would leave the Inbox
to go to another folder, it would pop up a confirmation message
asking me if I'd like to follow through on the flagged messages. If I
said yes, they would all be trashed at once.

In this current version, it would mark the message with a flag and
stay on the same message until I manually advanced to another message
with the mouse or an arrow key. Then, when I would leave the inbox to
go to another folder, it would pop up a confirmation message
asking if I'd like to follow through on the flagged messages. If I
said yes, they would all be trashed at once.

Now, with your suggestion in place, it immediately trashes the
message and moves to the next message.

I'm currently pleased that your solution gets Claws Mail to advance
to the next message when I click the Trash button or press the Del
key, but I'd prefer the messages to just be flagged like they used to
be and ask for confirmation when I leave the folder. That's the
work flow I've been using for years and I liked it. I'll use it this
way, though. It's better than having to manually move from one
message to the next after clicking the Trash button.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.