[Users] when deleting a message, the previous message becomes active

Charles Stroom charles at stremen.xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 14 16:17:48 CEST 2018

Thank you very much and I looked at the user manual on the web site and
found the next_to_delete setting.  It changed indeed the behaviour and
I played a bit with the option (changing between 0 and 1 and back) and
to my surprise at present the setting is next_on_delete=0, but it
highlights the next message (as if it were =1).  Still I am happy
because it works again as I prefer.

I tried to find another option to suppress the confirmation pop-up
dialogue when deleting a message, but could not find anything of the
kind in NEWS or manual.  Does such an option exist?

Kind regards,

Charles

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 13:43:10 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 14:36:33 +0200
> Charles Stroom <charles at stremen.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > I would hope there is a setting
> > to change it but I have been unable to find one.
>
> See http://claws-mail.org/NEWS for details of all the changes between
> your previous version and your current version.
>
> Here you will see, among other items, this:
>
> * A hidden pref has been added, 'next_on_delete'. This controls the
>   message selection when a message is deleted. A setting of '0'
>   which cause the previous, older message to be selected, a setting
>   of '1' will cause the next, newer message to be selected.
>

> with regards
>
> Paul

Charles Stroom
email: charles at no-spam.stremen.xs4all.nl (remove the "no-spam.")