[Users] Notification icon missing

wwp subscript at free.fr
Thu Apr 5 14:21:00 CEST 2018

Hello John,

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 12:58:36 +0100 John G Walker <johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Yesterday, when I restarted Claws-Mail, my notification icon failed to
> appear. This has happened before on occasions, but the workaround then
> was to unload the plugin and then reload it. This time the workaround
> has failed.
>
> Any ideas as to what is going on?

Presuming that you "notification icon" is related to the notification
plug-in..

Start `claws-mail --debug` from a terminal. What's the error in GUI when
you attempt to load the plugin? Anything caught in terminal at that
moment?

How do you install Claws Mail exactly? Why did you restart it, BTW?

`ldd $PREFIX/lib/claws-mail/plugins/notification.so` could also tell us
if a binary dependency is not satisfied anymore. $PREFIX depends on how
you install Claws Mail.

Regards,

--
wwp